Hi, my debian knowledge is limited but this issue has been raised in the past. Can you try:

sudo apt-get remove libreoffice* ( is that the right command to remove everything?) then do your first part again (the stuff in the ...tar.gz) and see what you get

What do you end up with? I can't find the previous email but I am sure someone suggested you don't need to do the 2nd part. And I am almost positive you don't need to do *.deb

Cheers