On 05/09/2013 10:59 AM, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:

On 5/8/2013 2:43 PM, Dan Lewis wrote:
On 05/08/2013 02:06 PM, Sean wrote:
Hello,

the header constantly repeats itself around 8 times on every page.

it's in the location:
Database- MusicStudents
Reports- AverageCostLesson

please tell me the solution
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4054689/Capture.png>

I now see what the problem is: you need to change your design of the report. For any heading that you do not want to be repeated, you have to group by that heading. How you do this depends upon whether you created the report using Design View or the Report Wizard. If the latter, you will have to recreate the report. If you used Design View, right click the report and select Edit. Then used the Report Builder to select TG as the field you want to Group By. Let me know which you used, and I will tell you what you need to do.

--Dan

You may wish to modify your design as if it were a Writer Outline document.

Table: Header
            Header fields
            Key: 1
Table: Heading
            Heading fields
            Key: 1.X
Table: Paragraph
            Paragraph fields
            Key: 1.1.X

Header keys are a join of 1 to Many relationship. This creates a cascading effect. Numerical, alphabetical or whatever key matching type is yours to define.
Print yes/no should be in "fields" of Tables.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Specifically, the terminology seems abstract. A simple correction is all that is necessary. Edit the report. With it open in the report wizard in edit mode, View > Grouping and Sorting. Select TG as the field that is used to group the data in the report. Select how the values of the TG field should be sorted. Move the TG label and field from the Detail section to the newly created TG Heading section. Run the report.

--Dan