On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 20:47 -0400, The Wolfkin wrote:
When you freeze a row or column in Calc

http://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Freezing_Rows_or_Columns_as_Headers

is there a way to save that as a permanent state? I've tried freezing
and
after a few minutes I managed to get it to work but when I save and
close
the file it opens again unfrozen.

--
Wolfkin
http://about.me/wolfkin

      Then we need more information about your set up: operating system?
version of LO? 32 bit or 64 bit? Is the spreadsheet an Excel workbook?
How many sheets do you have in the file? How many of these sheets have
the rows or columns frozen?
     Something is different about your setup that is causing this
because you are not getting the standard results.
     For the last 8 years or perhaps more, a Calc (originally .sxc;
now .ods) spreadsheet would preserve the "Window > Freeze" when the file
was saved.

--Dan

I'm having the same problem. Also, have this problem with some of the data
validity settings (the 'Allow' criteria flags not maintaining state).
Could this be because I'm saving the file as '.xls'?
I'm running LO 4.0.1.2 on a 64 bit Chrome machine.
3 of the 7 sheets have frozen rows and columns.

Thanks,
Dave