Hi :)
I think if you get LibreOffice from the
http://www.libreoffice.org
website and then install it without the desktop integration packages then it forces LibreOffice to
use it's own style.  I'm not sure if it's possible to remove desktop integration from the
LibreOffice installed by default with Ubuntu as i have not tried it.  I suspect it might take out
more than you want taken out

You do get used to the Apple way of doing things but it is a Pita at the start.  Also you can use
keyboard short-cuts and the keyboard arrows to navigate those menus without moving the mouse arrow.
 For example try
Alt F
to open the File menu for Edit it's
Alt E
the unpredictable one is the "Format" menu which needs
Alt o
You can see the underlinings at the beginning of the name of the menu.

Power users can get used to it but it helps to get "Ubuntu Tweaks" and "Unity Tweaks".  I keep
losing track of Unity Tweaks but here's how to add the other

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak

On the other hand you might find it better to install Cinnamon or something to get one of the forks
of Gnome instead of sticking with Unity.  New people seem to really like Unity though.

Regards from

Tom :)