On 28 March 2013 13:13, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik@zwilnik.com> wrote:
On 3/28/2013 1:56 PM, T. R. Valentine wrote:

Is there an easy way to copy the styles used in one Writer document to
another?

Yes, there is. Go to the File-->Templates-->Organize. Open the
document you want to copy from in one window, and then the
document/Template you want to copy to in the other, and click
and drag. I explain it with screenshots here:

http://www.ahuka.com/?page_id=461

Brilliant!

I figured it was in the Organise Templates, but I did not know one
could double-click on 'Styles' to get to individual styles (only knew
the first double-click to get to 'Styles' of the document). Doing it
with 'Styles and Formatting' window open (F11) and set to show
'Applied Styles' made it easy to know which styles to copy.

I've bookmarked your page for future reference.

Many thanks.

--
T. R. Valentine
Your friends will argue with you. Your enemies don't care.