Le 13/03/13 14:54, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

I added in the following two lines ..

/$cfg['Servers'][$i]['root'] = 'root';//
//$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'xxxxx';/

I then tried again to log in via phpMyAdmin. The screen does start OK
and I enter 'root' as the user and 'xxxxx' as the Password but still get
the same error (1045)!!

You need to have a mysql user account where the user is root and the
password is xxxxx (or whatever password you have declared for the root
user in your mysql server privilege tables.

I was also thinking back to something you mentioned in an earlier mail.
You said you started the mysqld server with --skip-privileges, but did
you then set up the various user accounts and privileges and restart the
mysql server in normal mode (i.e. without skipping privileges) ?

If you start the mysql server with --skip-privileges, then the user
permissions table is ignored, but then I don't think that will work with
phpmyadmin.

Alex