OK, after working on this more, I found 2 things. First, I was able to switch between the sheets using the Navigator (I double-clicked where it showed the number of sheets on bottom left of file window). Then I noticed that the scroll bar had been expanded to the entire width of the window, hiding the sheet tabs. I simply clicked the left edge of the bottom scroll bar and dragged to the right to uncover the tabs. Not sure how that happened, but it's working now. Whew!

Thanks,
Carl