To clarify that (it wasn't obvious what Joel wanted the version of), Which
OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) are you running, and which version of LibreOffice
is installed (Help > About)?
On 8 Mar 2013 19:13, "Joel Madero" <jmadero.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

Version?

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@libertytrek.org>
wrote:

I just noticed this, and I think it has been around for a while now.

I also just tested by creating a brand new .xlsx file with Excel 2007,
with just some simple text in it, so it has nothing to do with being an
encrypted/password protected file, or anything like that.

Every time I try to open any .xlsx file, I get the following error:

General Error.
General input/output error.
          [OK]

Sorry, it is NOT ok...

Anyone else having a problem? I see a LOT of complaints about this when
googling, but nothing definitive as to a fix.

I have tried with current versions of both JRE 1.6 and 1.7 (yes, 32bit).

deleted

--
*Joel Madero*
LibreOffice QA Volunteer