It all depends on how your mail client (standalone or online) works. When a reply automatically posts to the list, Thunderbird has the standard "Reply" and "Reply All" options. If the reply goes to the individual, they change to "Reply" and "Reply List." This strikes me as being the most sensible approach.

Dave