Le 03/03/2013 19:50, Wolfgang Keller a écrit :

Hi all,

Neither OOo, AOO, or LO have ever supported multitable referential integrity, multitable write or multitable query operations with regard to the dBase file format. It was requested by users several times in various ways over the years with the OpenOffice.org project (myself included), but it never happened. Comparisons were made with VFP or Lotus Approach as ways of providing an application layer over the underlying database structure, but they were no doubt deemed too much effort for too little perceived added value.

Personally, I loved the Lotus Approach wrapper for its GUI, access to Smartscript, etc (yes, it was so 80's, but then so were a lot of things at the time ;-)). I only ever used (V)FP sporadically, so find it harder to make comparisons.

Of course, for someone so inclined, there would be nothing standing in the way of coding improved support for dBase in LO and more complete user interface options ;-))

Alex