On 02/28/2013 02:44 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
On 02/28/2013 02:24 PM, Berengar Lehr wrote:
Hy,

I'm asking if anyone could provide me with a list of vector graphics
formats that can be used in ODT _and_ that will be exported as vector
graphic.
SVG e.g. is not a valid example: while it can be used in ODT, SVG will be rasterized during conversion to PDF. ODG on the other hand works for both.
WMF/EMF work for both but I could not find *nix libs for these microsoft
formats.
Any other ideas?

Thank you,
waiting patiently,
Ber

The problem, it seems to me, is that Word Processor packages are not really built to handle "vector" graphics.

Could you tell us why you need the PDF file to not have any "conversion" to "raster. . ." when creating a PDF file?

I tend to have the vector graphics opened in Inkscape [or similar] and export the image to PNG, GIF, or JPG, that LO can use. I almost never try to include vector graphics in a text document. It just never works out.

I assume you can save your vector graphics file that you made in a cad program in some format like .dwg or .dxf, so why not just attach it to your LO/OO message?

--doug