Jomali,
I once used it to correct a goof on a cell merge operation when it was impractical to use undo. I was only creating a form, so I was not referencing any of these cells. The problem was that the subdivide required a lot of cleanup to get the cell boundaries aligned again. Messy, but better than starting over or using undo.
Girvin Herr

jomali wrote:
I've been following this thread and wondering what a use case would be for
subdividing cells.