I don't know if this is the best place (I couldn't see a developer
mailing list outside the internal-focused ones) but here goes.

I use LibreOffice on openSUSE Linux. I've got a custom icon set that
replaces the application icons for LibreOffice. This works fine for
launcher icons, but once the program is running (e.g. I'm editing a file
in LO Writer) then the "current app" icon and the Alt-Tab app switcher
use the original icons (upscaled horribly from about 24x24 to 64x64).

As best as I can tell, Gnome is honouring the _NET_WM_ICON property of
the window, which does show the old style icons when you query it with
xprop.

I'm not talking about the toolbar icons, which I know there are multiple
themes that I can select from, but the actual launcher icon, and the one
that Gnome Shell uses to show you which app is running.

Is it possible to either a) get LibreOffice to use my theme's icons for
_NET_WM_ICON or b) replace some files pre-build, and if so, which ones?

I've got an account that already has some repackaged software on the
openSUSE Build Service (OBS), so I'm not afraid of patching packages, if
that is the only option :)

Thanks.