2013/1/21 Kai Bettzieche <kai.bettzieche@gmx.net>

Dear all,

I'm experiencing a problem with Draw's function "merge":

As you can see in attachment #1 (map_1.png), I'm trying to build a map
(yeah, not exactly, what Draw is there for ..)
Now I'd like to merge the "roads" (the long grey boxes) with the
"corners" (the grey circles).

Result: see attachment #2 (map_2.png) - even though I definetly pressed
"merge", the shapes do not get merged at all.

The issue is reproducable:

Create a circle with width=1cm and height 1cm.
Create a rectangle with width=1cm and any height.
Align the bottom centre of the rectanlge with the centre of the circle.
Now rotate the rectangle by 60 degree (120 work as well), rotating point
is the bottom centre of the rectangle.
Now merge: The result shows anything but a merge.

Tested with:
Libre Office for PortableApps.com on Win7 as well as Libre Office on
Ubuntu (current versions each of them)

Could you advise, please, and tell me what to do, to get those shapes
merged properly?

Thank you and kind regards,
Kai

p.s. attached you can find the odp file, too - just in case ..

Remenber that this list doesn't support attached files.

About the issue, try selecting Shapes > Merge from contextual menu. I've
just got a merged shape using LO 4.0.0 RC1.

And finally, use TDF binaries from libreoffice.org/download

regards, hope this helps

Escuelas Libres :: Porque la educación es mucho mejor cuando es libre
www.escuelaslibres.org.ar
---
LiberTICs Cooperativa Ltda.
www.libertics.com.ar
---
Para entrenar, cualquier programa sirve. Para educar, sólo Software Libre.
(Federico Heinz)
---