On 01/19/2013 11:59 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
Hi All

I now have my Main Form with Sub Form working well with one remaining problem...

My Sub Form has a Field 'Date' (Type Date) and I have set it to sort into Date Order by selecting the field 'Date' and the value 'Ascending'. My date format is DD/MM/YY (all numbers). But it seems to sort ONLY on the DD value and not on the whole date.
Here is an example -

Message No             Date
149                        01/01/13
 58                         02/01/13
150                        02/01/13
225                        02/01/13
261                        07/01/13
307                        18/01/13
148                        18/12/12  *
260                        18/12/12  *
318                        19/01/13
319                        19/01/13
306                        24/10/12  *

The three stared lines should be at the top of the list!!

Any idea how to fix this please?

My set-up is PCLinuxOS 2012; MySQL 5.1.55; LO Base (as front-end) 3.6.2.2

Thanks a lot

IanW
Pretoria RSA

Some observations: the sorting is first done by "DD" and then by "MM". You do not have the proper data to determine if they are then sorted by "YY". I think it is possible that it is. A simple test would be to add a record with the date 07/01/12. If I am right, this record will appear just above the date 07/01/13. It is possible that the date format MySQL is using is YY/MM/DD. You could change your date format to MM/DD/YYYY to see if the dates then matches this format such as 24/10/12 becomes 24/10/2012. If it does not change, this is likely where the problem lies. Second possibility: what you think is a date format is really a text format.

--Dan