Perhaps the private suggestion was correct. Perhaps your understanding of Algebra is not as good as it needs to be. After all this is an Algebra problem.
      Now for some questions:
1. How much will 1 to 150 units cost? What is the formula to determine this?
2. How much will 151 to 599 units cost you? What is the formula for this?
3. How much will 600 units cost? What is the formula to determine this?
4. How much will 601 or more units cost you? What is the formula for this?
5. What is the cost per unit for any given number of units? What is the formula for this? (Hint: this is a very simple division problem.) Hint: I have asked you for 5 formula, and that is also the number of cells you will need: one cell per formula. You will be using a result in some cells in the formula in another cell.

--Dan