Gilles schrieb:
Hello

Someone sent me a Word document that triggers the familiar "This document
contains macros" warning when opened in LibreOffice.

It's also displayed after I save the DOC into ODT.

How can I...
1. View what macros the document contains?

Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > LibreOffice Basic. Open the branch of the document in the tree and click on a module. In the right part you see the macros of that document. Choose one and then click on "Edit".

2. Remove them if, in the very likely case, they are useless?

If you do not adapt the macro to the document model of LibreOffice, such doc-macros are useless. In very simple cases an automatic conversion is possible, see the options in Tools > Options > Load/Save > VBA Properties.

Open the document, then goto Tools > Macros and there click on the item 'Organize Dialogs'. Go to tab 'Libraries'. In the upper drop-down list select your document. If there are libraries other then "Standard" in the lower part, delete them.
Do the same for the tab 'Dialogs'.
Goto tab 'Macros'. In the tree open the branch of your document totally. Delete every module, which you can see under "Standard". "Standard" itself cannot be deleted. Close dialog. Save.

That should remove any macro.

Kind regards
Regina