On 01/11/2013 09:46 PM, Girvin R. Herr wrote:
Greetings,
I am using LO 3.6.4.3 for Linux. I am trying to set a default entry for a listbox based on a joined table. The listbox has entries from the joined table as options. One of those options is the character: - (dash). I would like this option to be used whenever I do not set the listbox, rather than Base using NULL. I am working in the listbox control's "Properties-listbox" dialog, "Default selection" box. If I enter -, it gets changed to "0". If I enter "-", it gets changed to ""-"". I don't think either of these are what I want. There is a continuation box ([...]) to the right of the Default selection box, but this icon does not seem to do anything. The key number for the dash entry in the table is 1. So, I tried entering 1 as the default selection, which resulted in "1". I don't think this is what I want either. How do I get the default entry I want in this listbox control?
Is it possible?
Thanks.
Girvin Herr

Finally, some success with this problem. I worked with only two tables so it might not work with a joined table. To make this work, both tables have to be edited. Field A of Table B has the list box. Field C of Table D provides the entries for the list box. The default value desired for the list box is the dash character (-). I edited Table B making the dash character the default value for Field A. I also entered the dash character in Field C of Table D.

--Dan