On 01/10/2013 11:37 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)

Does anyone use or know of good portable/mobile printers to carry with you when you have to
work-on-the-move?  I have already asked at LinuxQuestions but many of my company's outreach workers
use Windows.  Anyway, here's the LQ thread ...

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/mobile-printers-4175444990/

We are hoping to prepare a funding application detailing how much it would cost to provide 1 outreach workers
with a tablet and a printer and then we can show how much we need for all of them or how many we could
"make do with".  Obviously it takes a long time for funders to respond and even if successful the
money takes even longer to arrive so i'm not looking for cheapest one-off deals.  I'm looking for reasonably
reliable models and manufacturers and then i can look-up how much they cost.

I've had a lot of questions about printers generally this year and they always seem to be a pita to
look after.  So, on LQ i am hoping to start a poll to find which manufacturer people prefer.
Unfortunately i can only think of a very few; Hewlett Packard, Cannon, Brother, Oki and Ricoh.  I
feel like i am missing some very obvious ones.  If you can think of any please can you let me know
in this thread or at LQ
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/how-to-set-up-a-poll-here-at-lq-to-see-which-printer-company-people-prefer-4175445008/

Any suggestions?
Regards from
Tom :)

I guess the obvious question is what type ( and size - no. of pages) of documents will users print? This will influence what options are reasonable. Another issue is are they stationary when they are working such as at a client's office all day(s) or they constantly moving during the day - my concern is weight and size. For the former you might get by with a small, cheap inkjet printer readily available at Walmart in the US. For the latter, I do not have any good ideas particularly if it must be battery powered.

Option two is to create and email a pdf document.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com