Hi Joel,

Joel Madero schrieb:
Hi All,
I have a corrupted file and it's important, hoping I can recover -- my
backup works but it's a month old and it's missing some data, worst case
it'll do but I'd prefer getting the up to date one fixed. Error is:

Read-Error.
Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at
2,1197863(row,col).

When I try opening content.xml with firefox I get

XML Parsing Error: duplicate attribute
Location: file:///tmp/.fr-lMJsLA/content.xml
Line Number 2, Column 1197864:

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Not confidential information so I
can send it to someone to look at. Thanks in advance

I have currently not time enough to repair it for you, but here is, what you need to do:

- Make a copy of the file and work on the copy.
- Unzip the file. Depending on your unpacker, you might need to change the filename-extension from .odt to .zip. You will get a folder.
- Go inside the folder. You will see the file content.xml
- Open the file with an editor, that is able to handle UTF8 and Unix line ends. - Go to the place, which is given in the error message. You will see two identical parts of the kind foo="bar". Remove one of them. Save the file. Be sure to use UTF8 and Unix line ends. - Mark all content of the folder and zip it. You will get a file, with filename-extension .zip. Change the filename-extension to .odt.

If all went well, you can open the file now. If it is not a text file, you have of cause to use the appropriate filename-extension.

Kind regards
Regina