Hi! Okay, I tried to figure it out.

If I use Ctrl+space to switch the input method, LibreOffice (LO) will follow the input method on
Windows 7.

For example, if I use a Traditional Chinese (TC) input method, the language of the characters will
be marked as TC in LO. If I use a Simplified Chinese (SC) input method, the characters will be
marked as SC in LO.

If I check "Ignore system input language", I will expect LO to ignore the latest input method
provided by Windows 7.

However, this does not work. No difference is visible. LO always use the language specified by the
input method. (If the input method is TC, the characters will always be TC.)

On Debian Linux, the language is always marked as the one under the heading "Default languages for
documents" in LO. If the Asian box is TC, my SC characters will be marked as TC (even if I use a TC
input method). If the Asian box is SC, my TC characters will be marked as SC (even if I use an SC
input method).

 Checking or unchecking "Ignore system input language" does not make any difference on Debian Linux.

Regards,
C. H. D.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

--- 2013年1月5日 星期六,C. H. D. <webofht-libreoffice001@yahoo.com.hk> 寫道﹕

寄件人: C. H. D. <webofht-libreoffice001@yahoo.com.hk>
主題: [libreoffice-users] Ignore system input language
收件人: users@global.libreoffice.org
日期: 2013年1月5日,星期六,上午12:12

Hi!

Here is an interesting option but I do not know what it does.

In LibreOffice Writer 4.0.0.0 Beta2,
Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages -> Ignore system input language

I use LibreOffice Version 4.0.0.0.beta2 (Build ID: 4104d660979c57e1160b5135634f732918460a0) on
Debian Linux.

I searched the Internet and found
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/PATCH-fdo36324-fdo42929-option-to-ignore-system-input-language-changes-td4016517.html

However, I still do not know how I may benefit by checking or unchecking the box. Any ideas in
layman's terms?

(Should I ignore this new option on Windows / Debian Linux?)

(Should the option be called "Customize input language"? "Ignore" is an ambiguous term.)

Regards,
C. H. D.