Hi :)
Posting a bug-report would be a great help
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
The trick is trying to attract a dev to look at it.

If there is an existing bug-report it might help them to know of a version or 2 where it does work
and a version or 2 where it doesn't.  Devs are particularly interested in the 4.0.0 right now.
It's not due for release until the new year so now is an excellent time to report bugs in the
pre-release, beta-testing versions.

If the 3.6.4 did work then i would go back to that and stay with the 3.6.x branch until either the
bug-report indicates it's a good time to move to the 4.0.x or when the 4.0.4 gets released.

Postscript, Printer settings.
Was this under

File - "Printer Settings" -

Then in the pop-up dialogue-box

Properties - Device (2nd tab) - "Printer language type"

set the drop-down list to Postscript?  But i thought POstscript was the default so i'm not sure why
it would switch to Pdf.  I guess most people want it as Pdf so maybe the default has been changed
in the 4.0.x branch.

MySql Connector
I think this has to be compiled.  The best way to get the best one for your machine is to compile
it for yourself on the machine you use it on.  When someone else compiles it it's a fairly generic
result that should work on a good range of machines.  Compiling it yourself is tough but it's like
getting a tailor-made suit rather than one off the shelf.  Alex has been a total star about
compiling generic ones that work well for a lot of people.

Ideally we would have a table of ones that worked well in both (all 3?) current branches and
perhaps ones for previous branches too.  At the moment we seem to lose the ones for the older
branches when the newest one is uploaded.

Regards from
Tom :)