Hi :)
There are on-line places that can test the integrity of certain file-types but i don't know where
to find one for Ppt.

Lets hope the authors can send you the presentation in Odp!  I find it enormously difficult trying
to get people to understand where they can find
File - "Save As .. "
It seems to be so difficult for MS users to find something that 'technical' that i even took some
screen-shots to try to help.  Even then its impossible for many people to figure it out.

Hmmm, that makes me wonder if they sent a PptX, the newer MS format.  They sometimes have less
trouble finding "Save As ... " when it's to save as an older MS file-type.  The older Ppt format
should be much easier for more people to open, even other MSO users.

Regards from
Tom :)