On 12/09/2012 12:13 PM, Marc Grober wrote:
With 3.6.3.2 and OSX 10.8.2 selecting two odt files from Finder and
directing Finder to open both with LO results in a graphic message that
"<file1><file2> does not exist" (suggesting it is concatenating the file
name?)....
HOWEVER - using the LO menu to open the same multiple odt files works
without issue.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Being a linux user I wasn't aware of what
"Finder" is, I do now: https://support.apple.com/kb/ht2470. So I was
testing directly from the LO menu & that works fine.

So for a correction:

If I try the same (select two files in the system file manager and
double-click) on linux using 'Nautilus' (GNOME file manager), only one
file will be opened & no error message. I suspect that this is more an
issue with my 'clicking' than the file manager, as when I select the
files, and use the 'Enter' key on the keyboard, both files open in two
LO windows.

This is not the case with the KDE file manager 'Dolphin'. Trying the
same with 'Dolphin' results in LO opening one file, and the following
error message for the second file:

KDEInit could not launch 'libreoffice':
Could not find 'libreoffice' executable.

The issue is with the file manager, not LO.