Remember, I have never done this, but, you want to know how to cast an object to the required interface..... So, I simply looked for a few examples

http://moutou.pagesperso-orange.fr/MyUNODoc_HTML/UNOCppAPI4.html

I found this in listing 4.16

*// Don't forget to add : #include <com/sun/star/frame/XStorable.hpp>*

*// Don't forget to add "com.sun.star.frame.XStorable \" in the makefile*

*Reference<XStorable> storeable(comp, UNO_QUERY);*

*if (storeable->hasLocation()) {*

*OString loc = OUStringToOString(storeable->getLocation(),* *RTL_TEXTENCODING_ASCII_US);*

*printf("-- %s\n",loc.pData->buffer);*

*}*

Some of this is probably useful

http://www.openoffice.org/udk/cpp/man/tutorial/unointro.html