At 16:00 07/11/2012 +0100, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
I made a 'template' in LO for an A3 leaflet with a background image (page style) on the first page. No margins, but with boxes with text, table and images on top of it. Everything works fine in LO, and also if exported as PDF. But when saved as .doc the entire background image is gone.

Any ideas about what happens? Can't you use background images in Word? So far the client has to use the pdf ...

How have you determined that the background image has disappeared? Have you (or has your client) opened the .doc file in genuine Microsoft Word or in the freeware (Windows only) Word viewer? Or have you just reopened the .doc file in LibreOffice and found the background absent there? I think there may be circumstances where the .doc file does retain the background but this is not converted correctly when reopened in LibreOffice.

Note also that the Background tab of the Page Style dialogue (where you selected the background graphic) has a "Link" box. If you tick this, the graphic is linked and not embedded, and there may be problems when you transfer the file to another file system - e.g. your client's - where the original image file does not exist separately at the same absolute file path. Try unticking that box. (But I'm not sure that will make any difference.)

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker