On 10/28/2012 10:56 AM, webofht-libreoffice001@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
Hello,

I don't know what kind of engine is the underlying tool for the spell check and grammar check
features.

Any ideas?

Can WordNet be used for LibreOffice, according the license?

Reference: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet/license/

C. H. D.

I was looking up various packages on my Ubuntu system. Aspell, Hunspell, Myspell, Mythes. When I type Myspell in the Ubuntu Software Center, LibreOffice comes up.

I did some looking inside some of the spell checking dictionaries for LO and I see the WordNet license text file listed in a few.

So there look like LO may be able to use some of the WordNet files.

What types of files it can use, I do not know. I know some of the dictionary/thesaurus extensions are from a time when LO did not exist, so it was OpenOffice.org that used it. Now LO uses the same files and file formats for the dictionary/thesaurus/hyphenationformats.

The only thing I really know about WordNet, is that the offline "definition" dictionary and thesaurus Artha uses WordNet as part of their system.

I do not know what the file formats are for WordNet files. I just know what works for creating a spell checking dictionary extension out of a list of words to check.