Hi :)
Right-click on the image.  On the right-click menu hover over "Anchor to" and from the sub-menu
choose either
As Character   or
To Character
If you don't like the way it woks try the other option.  Chapter 11 of the "Gettign Started Guide"
might be more helpful
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

I don't know what the difference is between the 2 options so i'm hoping the guide covers it!
Apols and regards from
Tom :)