My 770,000 word version is much, much bigger in the number of words checked.

To add it to your copy of LibreOffice just go to TOOLS and then Extension Manager. There will be an "add" button that you can use to add an extension from a file you have on your computer.

LO will use both, since the included version is "locked", but it seems that the most recently installed versions are used first. I found this out, since my thesaurus "lookups" showed before the included thesaurus's "lookups" in the listing of words.

I do not know if you can do an install for Windows, using the custom install, and not install the included English dictionary and just install your own "external" dictionary extension.