On 10/18/2012 07:23 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 10:22 18/10/2012 -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
I've been using LibreOffice on Ubuntu 10.04 for many months. I
transcribe recorded interviews. The format includes the
identification of the speaker at the left margin followed by what
they said. To speed up the typing I use the short abbreviation I:
when the interviewer is speaking, and M: or F: when the interviewee
is speaking. When I'm all done I use Find & Replace to change I: to
Interviewer:, and then change M: (or F:) to Interviewee:. This
process has been working fine for months. The day before yesterday it
stopped applying the italic format during replace.How do I figure out
what happened, and then how do I fix it?
o In the Find & Replace dialogue, click More Options.
o With the cursor in the "Replace with" box, click Format and then
click Italic under Typeface on the Font tab. (You don't need to
select a Font or Size.)
Is that what you are doing?
The format attribute of the "Replace with" text appears to be remembered;
Yes. I have noticed that.
did you perhaps for some reason click No Format and cancel your
italics the day before yesterday?
Certainly not intentionally, but who can say for sure.
I trust this helps.
Oddly, it now works, again. Here's the procedure I've always used:
o Copy the text I want to use as the replacement to the clipboard.
o Highlight the first instance of the text I want to replace.
o Click <ctrl-H>
o Paste the text I want to use as the replacement into the Replace with box.
o Click on More Options.
o Click on Format.
o Click on Italic in the Style column.
o Click Ok.
At this point I see the words "Italic, normal" under the Replace
with box. I saw those words when this wasn't working, too.
o Click Replace All.
That always used to work, and now it works, again. The only explanation
I can think of is that I needed to learn how to achieve the same results
using AutoCorrect, which works fine and saves me a couple of steps when
I'm finished with the transcription.
So, I called this "resolved, sort of" because it works correctly again,
but I don't really know why it didn't work for a short while.
Thanks to all for the tips and hints.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy