On Sun, 14 Oct 2012, Lostsoul wrote:

      Ok why have i never had a word problem with vista but since i have had win 7 64 bit for 2 months now on a lap top; Asus to be exact i can t get any word programs spell / grammer check to work for me yet ?  ?

        Seems like spell check works with one word then a second word but can t find four or five mis spelled words in a doc that i close then i open some days later and sees no mis spelled words ? ?

  I wonder if spell grammer checkers that come with word programs for win 7 can t do both that is underline a mis spelled word as you type and correct or underline then the user manually corrects it and then i assume it should correct mis spelled words after i reopen a saved doc;  i always though it could do both but on win 7 can t figure out how to get that to happen.

It works both ways on vista but can t get it to work both ways on win 7 yet; hum wonder if word programs need that red underline for any spell checking; and the lines aren t saving for win 7 so that leaves spell check clueless on a saved doc?

  How was that a serious question;  Ok  -  Later

no, not at all a serious question; for one thing, you already know you are over-generalizing since you know not everyone has your problem. I certainly have no idea how frequent your problem (or problems) are and you don't seem to know either.

but sorry I brought up the 'serious question' issue. can we have a sense of where things actually stand? in particular I wonder when you downloaded a _legitimate_ copy of LO, the spell-checker didn't work; so did you follow-through and install the extension?

you were given instructions on how to install extensions. did you follow those instructions? there were so many emails and so many topics, I lost track and I bet some of your potential helpers may have lost track too. if you did, was there an error message? what was the result?

not that it's worth much but I remembered I have a netbook here I can boot to Windows, some version of Windows 7. I installed LO on it, opened a document and ran spell-check. one swallow (=bird) does not a spring make, as Aristotle said, but I didn't see any problems (opened a document on a usb drive). I conclude word programs don't always hate Windows 7.

good luck with all of this. other folks here know LO better than I do.

F.

--- On Sun, 10/14/12, Felmon Davis [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]