I received this comment [below] from an author of over 130 books. He moved to LO from OOo. He uses Fedora and specialized keyboard and a lot of macros he has written over the years since his switch from StarOffice to OOo, and now LO.

So the Macro ability is very important.

I will give the name of the author to TDF off-list. I told him that I would let his comment to me known to the developers, but not given permission to post his name on the lists.

[quoted from email]
I have LibreOffice 3.6.1.2 and it is good except for a couple of things. It was a scavenger hunt to find out where they hid the Record Macro facility, and every so often it refuses to load and I have to reset my system and start over. But overall I like it, so far.
[end of quote]

Let me say that in his good years, he writes 4+ paperback novels a year. He is now writing #38 of a series that #1 was published in 1977.

SO, is an author who works hard on and needs his macros, really needs his macros to work.

I let him know that 3.6.3 is coming out next month. He lives in a real rural area, by choice, and uses dial-up access.

I may send him a copy of my NA-DVD with 3.6.3 files when they come out. I just have to find the right address.