On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:20:41 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 10/10/12 18:20, Dushan Mitrovich a écrit :

This time I opened a new spreadsheet and tried a couple of elementary
things. They worked, so I accessed Preferences and started to look at
the General subheading under LibreOffice. After a few seconds, without
my doing anything, the app hung.

This happened two more times. Is there any way to get this app working
under Mac OS X.6.8?

Going into Preferences when you have Accessibility Tools activated, or a
tool that uses them, is known to crash versions of LO up to 3.6.2. A
recent fix that should be in 3.6.3 addresses the large majority of cases
for which this crash happened, but there are still examples of this
buggy behaviour with some AT-related tools, e.g. screenreaders, screen
or document zoom tools, speech dictation tools, and the like.

Some haxies were also known to do this too.

The only option at present, if you are affected by crashes of that type,
is to deactivate the accessibility tools (assistive technology in
Apple's vocabulary) and the apps that LO doesn't like to play with.

So, the advice for Mac people in this situation is : get the very latest
production release, and with a bit of luck, things might be a lot better
than they were, at least insofar as stability is concerned.

Alex

Alex, thank you for this info - it finally tells me where to look.  In
Mac OS
X.6.8, Accessibility Tools is called Universal Access, and yes, I do
have
that turned on, for two reasons: to be able to magnify an area of the
screen
on occasion, and to run Zooom 2, which provides focus-follows-mouse.
Both of
these, and especially the latter, are very useful, so I'll wait for LO
version
3.6.3 to see if that solves the crashing problem.

Thanks for pointing me out of limbo.

- Dushan