On 2012-10-10 00:54, Jay Lozier wrote:
On 10/09/2012 04:44 AM, IGraham wrote:
Hello
A Calc question
I have a grid of cells 7x20, one row for each day of the week, cells may
contain no data today
Daily I update the relevant cells
I want to copy and paste this grid to another sheet in the same book
I select grid and copy, go to other sheet right click a cell, select paste
special, click 'paste all' and 'link'
The contents of the cells are pasted as links, but only the cells that have
content, blank cells do not contain the link
Would be nice if all the cells were linked as daily I have to recopy/paste
Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it works

Thanks for any help

-----
IGraham

W764  LibreOffice 3.5.2.2

If A1 has a string (Sunday) the try =if(len(a1)>0,"",""). This will put any empty string in the
cell whether the expression evaluates to true or false.

An alternative would be to go to the target sheet, click the target cell for the most top left cell and enter "=" and than go the original sheet, most top left cell, click the cell and "enter". Thus, the target cell is linked to the original cell. Copy and paste the formula in the target cell to the number of rows and columns you need and all cells are linked to the original cells.

The Calc behavior as you describe it is for me a severe bug. Copy, paste and link should link also empty cells because it could be possible that the once empty cells could be filled and then the linked content would be wrong.
I encourage you to report this bug.
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/