On 09/19/2012 07:38 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
Using LO 3.5 (build 403) under openSUSE 12.2 my laser printer (Brother
HL-1440) doesn't show up in the printer dialog box when I try to print
something.

The first image taken from "tools > Options" shows the printer is being
seen in the FAX list:
      http://www.imagebam.com/image/e84f3e211329321

The second image shows the printer dialog when I attempt to print - the
laser is not listed:
      http://www.imagebam.com/image/a3c856211329325

The third image shows the laser is available through the CUPS system:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b20f41211329328

Would someone please point me to what I need to change to be able to
use the laser printer.  This is the LO version supplied by openSUSE.
Would it be preferred to use a version directly from LO?  If so, what
should be saved to retain my customizations?

Thanks, Tom

Hi,

Try accessing CUPS using localhost:631 to install the printer. I had a
similar printer problem and using the "web" interface allowed to install
the correct drivers in Ubuntu.

localhost:631 should work in Linux and Macs to access the Cups system.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com