I have a spreadsheet , which has been working OK doing all the cacls / keeping the format of the cells etc.
It has recently started prevent me  pasting  into the cells

I have been choosing to show windows of e-mail invoices and the spreadsheet side by side - Windows 7 Then highlight and copy the invoice number and clicking on the cell, then the formula bar, then /Edit , paste / This works well - I know it is long winded but if I just copy from the e-mail ,then right click paste to the spread sheet cell then I loose the formatting of the cell

_Well This has worked for a week but now_
Now ! the copied information will not paste- paste and past special from EDIT ( top right of screen) is greyed out.
Right click on the mouse does not show any paste or paste special

I have checked protected cells and some times it is checked - when I uncheck it all the boxes go blue - and I still have the problem I have gone to/tools / sheet / protect and if I unprotect that it does not allow me to apply it

I can not copy paste from cell to cell in the spread sheet - the paste does not appear in the pop up from mouse right click after copy and using the top of the page edit command paste and paste special are greyed out

Please help