Today something strange happend to me. All of the sudden explorer.exe di
Windows (in VISTA) started to crash in an intervall of approximately 20
seconds.

I finally found out that the reason was a crash of shlxthdl.dll of Sun
Microsystems, which I found from the program directories of LO 3.6

However, the funny or problematic issue was that this crash occured only on
my main user profile and not on the other profile that I had on this
machine, even changing the user to (normal) did not help. I made new clean
profiles.

This issue came after I had updated from 3.5.5 to 3.6 version (3.6.0.104 to
be exact at least according to the SUN dll). The problem continued also
sporadically in new profiles (especially with the one with admin rights). I
finally had to uninstall LO 3.6 (and the leftovers of 3.5) and the problems
have now gone away.

I wonder what could be the reason for this since LO did not start at boot
time so it could not have been that, and was not used at the time. Could it
be that LO needs JAVA for some operations and those run in anycase?

I did have JAVA at the time of first install of LO 3.3 something, but I
uninstalled it and did not have any problems with versions prior to 3.6.

Heikki Jussila