Could you please explain what is Zotero?
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Anthony Easthope <email@example.com>wrote:
I have a proposition for you all and am not sure if you would class it as
a feature request or a partnership suggestion.
My idea is as follows: The Document Foundation partners up with Roy
Rosenzwieg Center for History and New Media and work together on making The
Zotero project an integral part of the LibreOffice frame work.
I have the feeling that I might be treading on thin ground here but I will
outline my reasons as to why this could work below
* Libreoffice is perfect for use within university's / schools as it can
be easily distributed thanks to the GNU license the same goes
* The use of Zotero could replace the inbuilt Bibliography & referencing
tool as the current one is quite bewildering to use for
* Zotero has a nice GUI and can work in with Firefox via an extension
which is also open source so at the same time we are not just
supporting one open-source initiative but three!
* Zotero is open to suggestions and it appears to other projects as well
* Increased awareness of The Document Foundation program via Zotero
related media attention (Vice Versa for LO and Zotero)
* it would bring a fresh feel to the whole project and could even mean a
new approach and reinvigorate the project
Let me Know what you think and feel free to shoot me down if you so wish!
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Re: [libreoffice-users] Zotero Integration with LO [Proposition / Feature Request?] · anne-ology
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy