A blank line does not have to be an empty line.  (^$)

A blank line (as perceived by the human eye) can have spaces, tabs and/or other non-printing characters in it. (^ $).

A blank line may actually be nothing more than space added by a particular style and therefore not subject to regular expressions.

A blank line may actually be a picture placeholder.

Further, there's no telling if she has changed the background color and is talking about white underlines. I doubt it, but the possibility exists.

She's been instructed on how to handle all of these situations by various people, except perhaps the placeholder. I doubt that's her issue.

At this point, she either needs to provide more info. or let someone see her document.

Considering she hasn't bothered to respond to anybody's suggestions that I've noticed, it makes one wonder whether she's listening or just talking.