On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 21:22 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2012/8/8 Jeff Hahn <kr4ys@hotmail.com>:

I have two questions on LibreOffice
3.6.0. First, when I go to the Macro in Calc
(Tools – Macros) the record macro function is no longer there.

I have LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 and there is no record macro option there
either. Seems that they gave up that crap a while ago. Good. It was
embarrassingly useless anyway.
There is a better macro recorder extension somewhere, but it is pretty
useless anyway.

Hi,

The record macro feature is turned off by default in the newer releases,
it is however still there.

For version 3.6:
Tools>Options>General
You will find a separate setting option for the macro recorder.

For version 3.5.5:
Same options dialog, but record macro is enabled/disabled by using the
experimental features option.
[I believe - if I'm wrong then it will be a separate option there also]

Otherwise, the record macro feature has be considered rather buggy for a
long while and if you do make heavy use of macros I would urge to take
the time to learn how to write them directly, versus the record feature.

One good resource for this is the Macro document put together by Andrew
Pitonyak and available at:

http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php/

The branding is all wrong ;) but the information is still valid - for
now.

HTH,

//drew

can run existing macros, I just cannot find where to create new ones.
 Where do I go to create new one?

Do you mean how to record them, or how to write them?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ