On 07/28/2012 06:00 PM, Jim Lachmar wrote:
I just recently got Libreoffice after having used openoffice for quite awhile, and after i
transferred the documents over and everything, sometimes i open my documents and huge chunks of the
text are invisible and there is no rhyme or reason to getting them to show up again.

What do you mean by "transferred the documents over"?

Were the OOo file in .doc/etc. or .odt/etc.?  MSO formats or ODT formats?

I went from OOo to LO 3.3.0 in the Spring of 2011 and I had no issues with any of the files I created with OOo 2.x through the last version I use of that package.

If your documents came from the MS Office XML formats [.docx, etc.] if the documents are complex, sometimes there will be issues. If you did use those formats, I would like to know if you got the same problems is you saved the MSO documents to the .doc [no "x" in the extension] and other pre-MSO-2007 formats.

Also are you using Windows or Linux version of LO, and which version are you using.
Which version of OOo/AOO were you using.

It would help to know these things. Then we might be able to help with the problem.