On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 10:41 -0400, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
OK
I just installed the non-repository version of 3.5.5 as an "upgrade" to
3.5.4 on my Ubuntu 12.04/MATE laptop.

I still have Base listed, and working, in my Applications/Office menu
listing.

Hi,

Right - if you already had Base installed then an update will include
it.

//drew

It shows:

         LibreOffice 3.5
         LibreOffice 3.5 Base
         LibreOffice 3.5 Calc
         LibreOffice 3.5 Draw
         LibreOffice 3.5 Impress
         LibreOffice 3.5 Printer Administration
         LibreOffice 3.5 Writer

in that order.

SO
it could be the Repository version of LO and its "desktop-integration"
package, of it could be Unity's menu system.

As I said, I use MATE for Ubuntu 12.04 and I see Base in the menu.

I use MATE so I have the "best" looking GNOME desktop that looks and
acts like the GNOME desktop that I use for my desktop's 10.04/GNOME
system.  I use the 10.04 system as my default system and wanted any of
my other Ubuntu systems run either 10.04 or 12.04/MATE so it looks/works
like I want it to do.