On 07/26/2012 12:34 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
Jonny,
As I said before it's illogic. In my view in a date the least significant (fastest changing) part is the day so it's logical to put it in front. In the over 2000 years date notation systems are used all logical and illogical combinations have been used. The reason I find that the current European (Dutch, Swedish) notation is more logical than the ISO 8601 is that in many cases the year notation is omitted which is in the European notation self-explaining but in the ISO 8601 less intuitive. However, it's my personal feeling and don't forget: international rules aren't always right! :) Joep

As far as I understand the "International" Standard for _ALL_ forms of measurement is -
Left to right, Highest to lowest.
So this makes a Date/Time (which is a form of measurement) Year - Month - Day - Hour - Min - Sec. All other "measurements" do it this way... $ - c; lb - oz; gal - pint; etc and all Metric Systems as well
G - M - K - (Basic unit) - m - etc etc.

(For clarity and ease of reading I always use the 3-Letter month abbreviation.
So today is 2012 Jul 26!!

Ian W
Pretoria, South Africa.