I have a feature suggestion that I want to discuss to see if I'm the
only one that think this is a good idea or not. I'm not sure I write
to the right list though, but I couldn't find a discuss list for
LibreOffice, I only found one for discussing the Document Foundation…

Anyway, as you all know, at least those of you who use regular
expressions in Calc now and then, there is this [::] syntax for
finding some specific kinds of strings, such as [:almum:] for finding
a letter or a number, [:digit:] for finding a number and so on.
My suggestion is to add two more of those, something like (feel free
to suggest other names for them):
[:cellref:]
[:rangeref:]

[:cellref:] would find things like A1, $A$1, AB$125 and so on. I
believe this expression is equivalent:
\<\$?[:alpha:]{1,2}\$?[:digit:]{1,7}\>
At least it seems to work in my tests.

[:rangeref:] would find references for cell ranges, such as A1:B5,
X$3:$AT$32658 and so on. Currently I guess you need to search for
something like:
\<\$?[:alpha:]{1,2}\$?[:digit:]{1,7}\>:\<\$?[:alpha:]{1,2}\$?[:digit:]{1,7}\>

What do you think about this?

I can see some complications, though: This would only work with the
”Calc A1” setting in Tools → Options… → LibreOffice Calc → Formula →
Formula Syntax. For example, it would be complicated to find something
like A:A, which is valid with the Excel A1 syntax:
\<\$?[:alpha:]{1,2}\$?[:digit:]{0,7}\>:\<\$?[:alpha:]{1,2}\$?[:digit:]{0,7}\>
This would find A:A, but also A1:A and A:A1, which I don't think is a
valid syntax… But still, most people use the Calc A1 syntax, don't
they?

Also I didn't include syntax like MyTable.A1:B5 and more, but maybe
that can be done easily. Also references to cells and cell ranges
other files could perhaps be included.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ