On 09/07/2012 at 17:24, Don <dld@law.pace.edu> wrote:

I'm running LibreOffice 3.5.4.2, BuildID:  350m1(Build:2) on Kubuntu 10.04.
I love the program, but it will not save any of my customization settings.
For example, I've recorded macros and then placed them on a toolbar, but
the next time I open the program, they are not on the toolbar.  Similarly,
I've checked "Enable experimental features," but subsequent boots of the
program do not have that feature enabled.  Any suggestions gratefully
appreciated.

It looks like permissions problem - i.e. files that LibreOffice tries to modify
does not have write permission for user that LibreOffice runs like.

Have you upgraded lately? AFAIR there was some bug in LO 3.5.x Debian packages
that caused migrated settings to be owned by root. This would fit perfectly to
your case, but I may not remember correctly.

b) I don't
know whether LibreOffice has a file that would correspond with that or
where it might be.

That would be ~/.config/libreoffice/
You are interested mostly in
~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu file.

You can try to run that command from terminal:
soffice -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/lo/
This will create new LO config directory in /tmp/ (it will be removed in next
boot). Check if setting changes are written (just close LO and run that
command again, so LO will read settings). If so, then it apparently is problem
with your config dir (path above). You may try to remove it (or rename) and run
LO again - it will recreate all settings from scratch. But it may be quite
some work if you tend to customize your LO heavy.

If above command will still produce LO that does not remember it's settings,
then your LO build is broken. You should upgrade/downgrade it.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski