I wonder how hard it would be, or how confusing it would be to make a 2 word reference in the word list file. If the "space" appears "blank", then what would happen if there was some other "blank" character that looked like the "space" character.

I think the originally defined system came from some other organization, like Hunspell or Myspell. It may take a lot of work, and make all of the current .oxt dictionaries need to be re-done if there was a new formatting system that allowed a 2 word listing.

My question is why would one be needed? It the only reason for it is one combination of terms is valid, while a different ending term is not? That would make some real context oriented spelling and worse that figuring out grammar issues. You will need to have defines all the possible two word term combinations instead of having each single word/term checked for proper spelling.

The more I think about it, the more I want to cringe over what might be needed to get it working fully and not mess with defined characters for non-English fonts or other issues for taking over a pre-defined character for some internal function, when that character may be mapped for a glyph/letter for some font used by some user. Then that user[s] would have their document messed up in some way.

Still, if someone can figure out all the issues and work out a way that they will not cause a set of users problems down the line, then by all means create a request for a modification of the spell checker system. I really doubt that it will be changed form the current system, but you can try.