I know that there are words and terms that are not included in many spelling dictionaries. I even found a spelling word list that someone forgot to add "dictionary" to. BUT, I would like to make sure all of my .oxt dictionaries have the words/terms we use every day in articles and email support for LibreOffice and other open source related "items".

I want to make sure these newer terms are included.

So I am asking for people to send to me lists of correctly spelled words and terms - Off the List - in a text file with one word per line [if there are a lot of them]. Then I will merge the lists and make sure they are in the .oxt English dictionaries I will be updating sometime soon.

I could do this alone, but many of LO's users have been working with open source [and FOSS] longer than I have and you could/should know some words and terms that are missed in other spell checking systems.

I know there are missing words and terms in this field of computing, but I would take any word that is missing. I would love to get a hold of a good list of geology and other scientific terms that may be missed. I would love to create a specific dictionary to add on to any others with these specific words and terms in the science and technology field. I was working on creating a script that would search documents for words that I do not currently have, but you must trust the spelling of the documents first. Any word that is sent to me must be spell correctly to be accepted. Any word/term I do not know will be checked with online sources for proper spelling.

So would any user like to help with creating a large list of science and technical words/terms that could be used to create a separate "tech" dictionary for LO? I was working on it last year, but medical issues put a hold in that project. I hope to restart it soon. I would love to have 10 to 20 thousand words/terms in such a dictionary. These words will be "generic" English terms that are used in English documents/emails/publications/etc. from the California Coast to the streets of London. How many of the current products out there have "FOSS" or other term used today and not 10 or more years ago.

So, any takers?
Do you like the idea of a separate "tech" dictionary [or sets of] for LO?