Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

On 5 juin 12, at 18:47, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
You should be able to delete all of Configurations2/..., Thumbnails/ thumbnail.png, and manifest.rdf without any harm whatsoever, so long as the related <manifest:file-entry> elements are deleted from META- INF/manifest.xml. You should probably *not* keep the settings.xml if you are creating a different content.xml file (just in case).

OK, I'll try that.

You might check on consistency of version attribute occurrences and their values. For ODF 1.2 documents, it is expected that there will be a consistent use of "1.2" in a variety of places. If there are any missing version attributes or ones with conflicting values of "1.0" or "1.1", that might be a problem as well.

This is a bit trickier. What version of ODF are you specifying in your "template" and the subsequent manipulations?

The "template" document is a regular ODF document, created either with LO or OOo or any other OOo-based software, so there shouldn't be any inconsistency between the versions. I also took care to copy the office:document-content opening tag from the existing content.xml in the template, so I guess that shouldn't be a problem either, unless there are other references to the version elsewhere, but I didn't find any.

It could be none of these that are derailing LO. It could be some sort of problem being caught in the resolution of styles, or some problem where automatic styles are involved.


When LO says the document is corrupted, do you have an option to attempt "recovery" or "repair"? When you exercise that option, can you save the result and reopen *that* successfully in LO ? I think you have done this according to your other report.

Yes I did. And the repaired document is correct. I've been comparing the original document with the repaired one and tried to change the generation to make the one we're creating as close as possible to the one LO saves. But it's still failing…

If that works, you then need to figure out what it is that is different in the repaired one and the one that was declared corrupt. Look at the manifest and the files that are present, and in the root element opening tags for styles.xml and content.xml. (Notice the office:version attributes and any manifest:version attributes as well.) Check to see whether automatic styles were added to content.xml where there are none (?) for your "corrupted" document.

I've seen there were indeed some declarations for automatic styles in the document contents, but I must say I don't know ODF enough to understand what these are. Basically, all the document contents should use the styles defined in styles.xml without any modification at all. Are automatic styles needed in this context?

Thanks a lot for all the hints.
 - Eric -

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.