On 06/04/2012 11:41 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
I am writing a page in landscape mode (US Letter) and in 2 columns but when I print it keep printing in portrait mode. Here is what I did:

* I created a new page (US Letter default to portrait)
* then Format->Page->Page -> checked Landscape
* then Format->Page->Columns ->2

Typed in some test text in both columns and printed the page, but the page keeps coming out in "Portrait" format.

What am I missing?

Marc

Which version are you using? 3.5.4? I know you use Mageia for your OS, but did you use it for this? Was it a repository version or the LO download page version?

There was a bug about brochure printing [ 3 column landscape] if I remember correctly. I am wondering if your system is getting something similar.

I just tested 2 column printing, using Ubuntu 10.04 and 3.5.4.

I took a 3 column brochure and made it two column and printed the first page of text. It printed correctly.

Next I took that text and copy/paste into a new document that I made two column and landscape. It worked fine as well.

The only difference I did was change the column first then do the landscape. So I tried it in reverse. Every way I tried it does not give me the error.

So I cannot get your error on my system.

Sometimes I get print formatting issues, like the printout looks like it was printed as 2 or 4 pages per sheet but with only one page showing. The only way I had to get rid of such a problem with the printing issues was to "reset" my user profile, such as renaming the ".libreoffice" folder.

Could you try the "reset" idea and see if that fixes the problem? If it does not, then it must be some bug with your version of LO on your system. As I said, I think there was a bug dealing with multi-columns and landscape printing on one of the versions.

Sorry I could not help more than that.