Hi :)
Uninstalling OpenOffice, Symphony, Go-oo, Star Office, NeoOffice or other forks of the original
StarOffice/OpenOffice is a good way to avoid conflicts but the guide on how to install 2 versions
of LibreOffice should help you be able to keep those and just install LibreOffice alongside the
existing ones.

Of course we don't have the same problem with Caligra/KOffice, MS Office, Gnome Office or
Google-docs because they don't share the same origins so you can have any or all those quite
happily alongside LO with no problems.

Regards from
Tom :)